Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Help Me To Understand

I've been trying to decide if I should "friend" Israel. I'm confused. I've read their profile and have taken a look at what they like and support. I've seen their profile photo and looked at their albums. Something just doesn't add up. And what will my friends say?

I've seen posts like this > Is Israel Blackmailing America? and don't know what to believe anymore.

Thanks for listening.

On a similar note, maybe this is why I sound prejudiced. Do you remember how many soldiers returning from military combat overseas felt about foreigners? Especially the Japanese or the Germans. I was in the Navy during the Six Day War between Egypt and Israel. I saw, heard and read about things that were happening. I won't go into detail about where I was or what we were doing over there, but suffice it to say it left a mark on my mind. Not enough to be called PTSD, but more of an awakening. Apparently, the statute of limitations has run out and now people want answers. There are  "About 3,750,000 results"  posts/sites when I Googled  "U.S.S. Liberty." 
I have read some of them and most are accurate, except one book which I won't name
 because a search will lead to this blog. You'll see it when I post the links.
To get started, here is information from Wikipedia on the USS Liberty. Many of the other links
 address the resulting cover up of the incident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident  

Many of you probably never heard of the  Liberty because it was before your time or because the attack took place on the other side of the world. Like the attack on the USS Cole, I will never forget.


 
 
 

The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 171 crew members

No comments:

Post a Comment