Monday, March 2, 2020



November 4th 2017 was the date of Ashland's Train Day


Ashland Train Day 2017: 21 TRAIN MARATHON! [Amtrak 156 Heritage, Amtrak Train Meet, Auto Train!]

This is a Video on YouYube by Rail Enthusiast " VCUrailfan15 productions"

I didn't realize that it was a special day for rail fanning until I read the description. That explains all the number of people in Ashland, Virginia that day. The main line runs right through the main street and how they keep from having accidents is a miracle. At least once a month, a vehicle gets stuck on the track because the driver wasn't paying attention when he made the turn at the intersection. It appears,from the live stream video, that work is being done to correct the problem, but you can't cure stupid. The thing that made me cringe while watching the video was the lack of caution that some people showed. There are TWO busy tracks. I witnessed people taking pictures of the approaching train, not realizing that one was bearing down on them from the opposite direction. Would you stand on a runway when a plane is taking off ?  Anyway, enjoy the video and below is a link to the Live Stream cameras.

Ashland, Virginia USA | Virtual Railfan LIVE

Plus, there are several videos on YouTube of some of the trapped vehicles. Just type in "Ashland VA trains" in the search box.

* note - I'll probably delete this post in a few days. There are too many ads attached to the videos. So many people trying to get rich with mediocre videos. Seeing some of them takes all the fun out of Railfanning. Now I see why people call them "Foamers".



No comments:

Post a Comment